The largest cosmopolitan city in South America with highly developed architecture reminiscent of Spain, Italy & France where the city gets most of its cultural influence. It is probably well known for Tango which should not be missed for the visitors.
Great shopping for everything including antiques & designer clothing. The coffee & ice cream culture are also an intrinsic element of this city. Efficient 24-hour public transportation & friendly porteños make it very inviting as well as easy to navigate.
Buenos Aires features elegants avenues as Santa Fé, Corrientes & Alvear. Beautiful parks in Palermo neighborhood. The luxurious riverside area of Madero Port also features sites, including Las Nereidas, the famous sculpture by celebrated Lola Mora. The Colón Theatre & The Fine Arts National Museum, testifying to the city´s cultural wealth.
Buenos Aires has a well defined personality of its own. Tango, it´s urban music, is a distinguishing characteristic of the City. There are many neighborhoods: La Boca, Palermo, San Telmo, Recoleta, Puerto Madero & Tigre , where European influence is evident in exquisite architectural testimonies offering attractions of interest to visitors.
The city is also located within one hour of Uruguay which can be reached easily by ferry, a journey of one hour. The historic town it arrives at Colonia is also charming, well worth a trip. There is also a small beach there.
- Shopping Centers: Alto Palermo, Galerías Pacífico, Patio Bullrich, Paseo Alcorta & Florida Pedestrian Street
- Tourists Neighborhoods: Palermo, Puerto Madero, La Recoleta, San Telmo, La Boca, Tigre
- Colón Theater
- The Obelisk (historical argentine monument)
- The Government House, The Cabildo & The Congress
- Plaza de Mayo
- Abasto Tango District
- San Telmo Flee Market
- Square of Enlightenment
- Tortoni Café
- The Ecopark & The Botanical Garden
- The Rose Garden (Palermo Woods)
- Casinos: Trilenium in Tigre, Floating Casino of Puerto Madero, Casino of the Racetrack of Palermo
- Stadium River Plate (Nuñez) y La Bombonera ( La Boca )
- Golfs Club:Lakes of Palermo Golf Club, San Isidro Golf Club, San Andrés Golf Club, Hurlingham´s Golf Club
- Fine Arts National Museum & Nacional Museum of Decorative Arts
- Palais de Glace
- Centro Cultural Recoleta & Centro Cultural san Martín
ENJOYABLE PLACES FOR YOUR KIDS
- Biopark Temaikén
- Parque de la Costa
- Botanical garden
- Holy Land
- Galileo Galilei Planetarium
- Abasto Kids Museum
- Forbidden not to touch – Recoleta Cultural Center
QUICK FACTS ABOUT BUENOS AIRES
- Time zone: GMT -3 hours
- Language: Spanish
- Currency: argentine peso
- Weather: Summer max 33°C / min 19°C ( December – March)
Winter max 15°C / min 2°C ( July – September)
- Voltage: 220 V
- Citizens of bordering countries only need their identity document.
Some foreign citizens needs a Visa (you should contact the Consulate or your travel agent)
- Shopping hours: Monday to Friday 10:00 am to 8:00 pm.Saturday 10:00 am to 1:00 pm.
Shopping malls are open everyday from 10:00 am to 9:00 pm.
- Working hours: Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.