- Live like a gaucho in one of many estancias spread throughout Argentina
- Ride in the vast Pampas, Patagonian Steppe or in the Lake District
- Head to the Northwest for Argentina’s soul, or tango in Buenos Aires
- Venture to Peninsula Valdes or the Ibera wetlands brimming with wildlife opportunities
- Visit the famous Iguazu falls and perhaps take a boat trip to the base
Steppes Travel have been selling holidays to Argentina for over 11 years now. Emma Byrne joined us nearly five years ago and has explored this wonderful country several times, including heading out to Antarctica. Later in 2011 Emma will revisit once again to cover the North, both east and west, to expand her knowledge of this huge country.
Argentina offers a land of immense contrasts with a great variety of experiences. A microcosm of the entire South American continent, holidays to Argentina are a hugely rewarding experience.
Savour the fantastic beef and delicious local wines while listening to the sensuous tango drift through the evening air in Buenos Aires. Head south to the windswept steppes of Patagonia to find Bariloche, one of the world’s most beautiful and spectacular landscapes. Rising to the west are the snow-capped peaks of the Andes delivering massive glaciers into glassy lakes. Tropical forests, majestic waterfalls of Iguazu and the sun-baked cactus-studded deserts of Jujuy are just a few of the extreme environments.
One of Argentina’s most beloved travel destinations is The Lake District, a Mecca for those who enjoy impressive scenery and outdoor pursuits. Journey to Tierra del Fuego the ‘uttermost part of the world’. From the barren plains of the north to the virgin Lenga forest and the glaciers descending to almost touch the ocean this is a spellbinding country.[box] Source: Steppestravel[/box]